Thursday, April 14, 2011

Power Outage and What Happened Next

So even on a not-that-windy day in Renton, WA, a transformer was knocked over and the power went out. So we talked to the boys about how they wouldn't get to have the hall light on and Max went to bed with his toy flashlight. Tony and I lit the candles and pulled out the chess board. Amazingly (oh-how-amazingly), I won! Was I gracious? NOPE! I have NEVER ever beat Tony at chess. This was extraordinary. I had to do a happy dance. I didn't think I would EVER beat him. Granted, we don't play every day. In fact, it's been a few years, but he's pretty good. Now, if only I could cream him in Trivial Pursuit or Risk. That would be glorious indeed.
I had to memorialize it so I didn't think I dreamed it all!
From April 2011

2 comments:

  1. I was hoping to see pics or video of your happy dance! You go girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete