Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hoo Hoo

So there's this story of an owl that was put in the rafters of our car port many years ago, before we moved in, to scare birds away. Well, I don't want to express my true feelings about how not thrilled I was to have a fake owl at my house, we'll just leave it at that--"not thrilled", but it was even more awesome to see birds build their nests next to it and use it as support. So then the owl fell down. So sad. We're thinking there has GOT to be someone who will love this owl and give it a home much better than we did. So, much to my surprise, little Ryan came up to me outside carrying this owl with both arms, hugging it to his chest and "hoo, hooing" his little heart out. It was so cute how emphatic he was with his "hooing" and how attached he became to that dang owl.
From April 2011

Sorry Ryan, he's still getting the boot. I was given a tip on how to make better use of the owl. I should hang it up in the middle of the carport so that it hangs down a few feet and spins. Awesome! Thanks but no.

1 comment: