Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sweating Lots and Rambling

I sit here dripping sweat and feeling like I need to keep our family journal updated with even the little things.  So maybe, I'll just make a list for today.


*It's been great weather and I tried to weed today in the baking sun but didn't get much done.  I went out at 9:00pm and weeded a whole lot more but I'm still sweating bullets.  I love the warmth and I love getting out and working in the yard.  As weird as I used to think my dad was for liking to weed, I actually get it now.  It's calming and therapeutic.  I looked up at the pine covered hillside and saw the moon as bright as could be.  It was absolutely breathtaking.  I'm so grateful for this beautiful earth.

*We've had doctor's appointments like crazy, or at least it feels that way. ; )  Maybe there's been some that were the dentist too.  I got to hear baby girl's heartbeat today, which is one of my favorite sounds ever.  Tony had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon.  There's a lot going on in that ankle of his and not a lot that can be done to alleviate the pain.  We're facing some realities that are hard to face right now, but at the same time, I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given me my husband after his horrible crash.  He let us experience so many miracles, that the setbacks are really small compared to how blessed we've been.

*Raising kids is hard. Period. I haven't been as energetic as I usually like to be as a mom, and Tony's ankle has been killing him, but we're trying to give them all the fun opportunities of summer as well as those quiet moments where they can just BE.  There are times where I feel guilty--like I should be doing more for them, but I'm trying to handle the lowered energy level with parenting, job responsibilities, church responsibilities, etc.  I've been trying to worry less and rely on Heavenly Father more.  The church hymn, "Have I Done Any Good?"  is a favorite.  I tend to forget about what I'm not doing well, when I'm trying to just do things for my family, other people and then letting myself rest.  The other day Max came to me and told me that he was very sorry but he had made a scratch in the car with his bike.  This isn't the first time this has happened and he's been told not to ride his bike by the car.  He felt so bad and we were so frustrated.  We asked him what his punishment should be.  He said his bike should be taken away for a week.  Tony had the good idea that was a very natural punishment.  He gave Max a block of wood that he had made a deep scratch in.  Max has to sand that huge scratch out.  He worked on it a lot today but he still has a long way to go.  I feel like it's making an impression on him.  Hopefully it really is. 


*A friend gave birth to her twins today!  A friend sent me a sweet message.  And now I've rambled on the blog.  A good day. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment