Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Girl

I scanned some ultrasounds and even though most of them aren't that good, I wanted to have them available for Baby Girl in the future.  Today I finally got a good profile pic.  Here is Baby Girl at 8 weeks, just a blur on the screen.

Here is Baby Girl at 20 weeks when we found out she was a girl!
This is at the same ultrasound but this is her face.  The tech could see most of her features but she's squished up against the placenta a lot.  And yes, she looks like an alien.  A cute alien ; )
 
The doctor wasn't able to see everything she needed to see.  My placenta is in the front, baby girl moves a LOT and she's always switching position, from ultrasound to ultrasound.  So we had to go in for another one and then even another one at a specialty clinic since they have better equipment.  This one showed that everything looks great (got to see all the heart and the nose and lips which they hadn't before).  However, she's little.  She measured at the 11th percentile.  Since this is an office where they specialize in high-risk pregnancies, they gave me all kinds of worse case scenarios.  My doctor was able to reassure me for the most part but today was the best reassurance of all.  I had another ultrasound and she measured in the 40th percentile and her amniotic fluid is normal.  I'm going to have another ultrasound in a month just to check again, but I am so thankful to Heavenly Father.  There was fear that this baby may need to be delivered early.  Right now everything looks really good.  I hope and pray that this continues to be the case because as hot, uncomfortable and swollen as I feel, I want this baby  to have the healthiest start possible. 
 
Here is a picture of her beautiful head in profile (finally) 32 weeks
 
What a blessing!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. That is good news! Praying that everything will continue to go well. I can't do the math. When are you due again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear she's picking up weight and your fluid is good. Are you surviving the heat wave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday was rough but other than that it's been great. Thankful to live where I live. : ). Nights are just hard though. For you too I'm sure. I can't get comfortable, my arms fall asleep and it's hot. Thankful this is my only summer pregnancy. :)

      Delete