Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sequim Lavender Festival

I have a thing for lavender.  It's true.  Every July or August I have to get my lavender field fix.  This year, we decided to go to the Lavender Festival.  I could easily retire in Sequim, the town where the festival takes place, it's such a quaint, beautiful, seaside town.  Jason fell asleep right before we got there so the big boys joined me at Purple Haze Lavender Farm.




 
I wondered how long it would take the boys to lose interest but they were actually interested in the lavender, flowers and animals.  I love that my boys can talk about airplanes, Super Mario Bros., lavender and poppies. :)  I loved this garden that they had.

 
This was one of the darling booths set up.

 
We saw peacocks and chickens.

 
Lavender fields forever.


 
We also saw cute bunnies which the boys named Freddie and Teddy (???)



 
Max said his favorite flower is the poppy.

 
Afterwards we went to the festival.  There was more to see than just lavender.
 
Jason was fascinated by the Hot Air Balloon.

 
We saw Sadi-dog look-a-likes.

 
The boys got to see what it's like to be a firefighter and learn about an ambulance.

 
 

 
And I visited more lavender booths including this one, where I learned about Washington Lavender, where I've got to visit.  They had the most delicious smelling teas including a divine lavender peppermint.  Yum!  The actual farm has a B&B.  I made mental notes for future anniversary plans.

 
Another fun surprise was meeting a cartoonist from South Africa.  He speaks Afrikaans and Xhosa.  It was so fun to talk to him about South Africa. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment