Friday, May 18, 2012

The Awesome Baby Shower

I'm having one of those moments where I just feel so grateful. I have a Father in Heaven that has blessed me with great friends. We had a fun baby shower/girl's night to celebrate our upcoming blessing. It was a wine and cheese party sans wine of course! ; )
I didn't get pictures of the spread until midway through but these fruits with sorbet in them were the BEST!
From May 2012

Jennica and Savannah
From May 2012

It was fun to chat with all these ladies
From May 2012

From May 2012

From May 2012

From May 2012

I want to post so many pics because everyone gave such cute things, clothes, burp cloths, toys, diapers but really, I should post those pics when there's a cute little boy who is using them. This pic is going up because it was genius and I want to file the idea away. My cute friends gave me a stroller fund because I'm hoping to get a double jogging stroller. So cute!
From May 2012

Each friend that came wrote down a "wish" for me. I just read through them and they totally brought tears to my eyes.

Since this is the only journaling I do these days, I have to be honest and say that several months ago, I had one of those hormonal moments where I was feeling inadequate, insecure, not worth anything to anybody. It wasn't but a few days but it took some prayer, study and talking with good friends to remember what is important and why I was feeling that way. I look back and feel ridiculous that I ever felt that way. There are such wonderful people who bless our family with the connection that we have. I think it is sweet that my friends wanted to get together and celebrate our little guy. I only hope that I can be as good of friend to others.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad I missed it! I am still mad at myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I am missing all of you and feeling very isolated. I'll be driving again in July!

    ReplyDelete