Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hapyy Cinco de Mayo, Mom!

I turned 33 yesterday which means that 33 years ago on Cinco de Mayo, my mom brought me into this world. I love you too dad, but it's almost mother's day so here is something I want to say to my beautiful mom, Pearl Edna Heath Leach!
From 0921

I now know what it's like to bring someone(s) into the world and all the sacrifices you made for us children. I now understand on a different level how awesome of a mother you were. You always listened to me and I always knew I could share anything with you. I talked your ear off most days and always wanted you to sit on my toes to keep them warm when I'm sure you would have been more comfortable on the couch with your own space. You let me be my own person and let me know that I was wonderful no matter what. You prayed for me to make righteous decisions and because of YOUR and DADs faith, I was able to be led to a school and to friends and experiences that helped me become who I needed to be. You listened to my stories of every single crush I ever had which was way too many. I saw you saying personal prayers in your bedroom and reading your scriptures. You've loved my husband from day one and we always feel your support! You're a loving grandmother to my sweet babies.
So, because you're the one who did something amazing on my "birth"day, I want to show you how much I appreciate you and love you! My birthday celebration isn't over as far as I understand anyway, so Happy Early Mother's Day and Happy Cinco de Mayo to my amazing mom! Je t'aime!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sweetheart! You know how to bring the tears, also to Dad. You are an amazing Mom also. I have always admired how you get in with your children and play with them. Those are the same traits that made you such a sought after babysitter when you were a teen. That is not so much my thing. You have patience with your babies and set appropriate limits and stay with them. They are both very blessed. Tony is also a great Dad and a great support to you. Happy Mothers Dad to you also. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete