Friday, September 29, 2017

My Nose Job!

Have you ever heard of celebrities being mocked for saying they didn't have a "nose job" they just had a deviated septum repaired?  Well, I really did have a septoplasty, not a rhinoplasty.  I have always had a problem breathing through my nose and I decided to do something about it finally.  So, my first surgery ever.  Recovery is going well.  Sometimes I feel cranky because it isn't fun being limited, but I know that I chose this and I'm lucky it's not a lot worse.  I can relate to how Tony felt just a teeny tiny bit after his facial reconstruction.  And I do mean, teeny tiny bit.  It's not fun having your face hurt, but his hurt in all kinds of ways.  So here is the before.  Scroll down for the afters.



























Shell shocked the first night.


Just being goofy the day after.



Tony was home with me and has taken good care of me.  He even set his alarm to give me my pain meds every 4 hours at night the first night to stay ahead of the pain.  This is a cute pic of him playing with Evelyn.


You gotta document the wonky nose, the nasty hair and the silly daughter.  



We are currently on day 3 of recovery.  I get my splint off in 4 1/2 days.  We have great friends who have helped give the kids rides, bring meals, do play dates with the kids, etc.  We feel really blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment