Monday, November 11, 2013

Good Books--The Wizard of Oz

This past weekend, our local church congregation put on the musical, The Wizard of Oz.  It's so fun knowing people in the production.  A friend even did the graphic design for the poster.
 
Only Max and I were able to go but he loved it.  The Tuesday before, I let the boys see the movie for the first time and they loved it so Max went to the production knowing the story and getting to learn a little bit about a stage production, orchestra pit, etc.  It amazes me the talent that is around.  Everyone did an amazing job. 
 
After we saw the play, I let Max know that I love the book, The Wizard of Oz and that I have all 14 books that are set in the land of Oz.  He was excited to learn that and he and Ryan have been looking at these books every day since.  We started reading it aloud each night and we just finished the chapter where Dorothy meets the Scarecrow.
 
There is another movie called, "Return to Oz" which is not so good and is based on another book in the series, it's just not done as well.  Some of the books in the series are better than others and some don't involve Dorothy at all.  I have to admit that I love Dorothy's storyline the best.  I am going to have fun rereading these as I read them to the boys.  Definitely a childhood favorite that has quickly become a favorite of the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment