Sunday, May 11, 2014

Girl's Weekend Adventure in Utah--Part 2

Matt was kind enough to watch Evelyn for the full day on Friday so we drove her there and visited with Kim's family for a short bit.  They are some of my favorite people in the world.  Then we went to classes. During one short break I got to see Cynthia who was in my ward my senior year.  She served a mission in Denmark.  She's a pretty cool lady.

 After the day was over and we picked up Evelyn, we had dinner and ice cream at the BYU Creamery and then went to the BYU Museum of Art to see the Sacred Gifts exhibit.  We couldn't take pictures inside the exhibit but here are a few pictures in the opening of the museum.

My favorite painting was Franz Schwartz's "Agony in the Garden".  The lighting in real life was extraordinary and it is a very powerful piece.
After the exhibit we shopped at the bookstore and went home and played some games.
Saturday we took it easy which was so nice because the class load at the conference was intense.  We visited the Tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point.










 Then we visited a Glass Blowing Museum and saw them making a glass flower.  The art work was just incredible.


 Then we visited Rita's and had Gelatis.  These are a treat that Tony discovered while serving his mission on the East Coast.  He introduced me to them when we flew and visited his mission while we were dating.  Then when we stayed with my parents in D.C. for a few weeks we had them again.  So good.  Evelyn tried her first Gelati. :)

That night I got to spend time with a childhood friend of mine, Kim P.  After visiting with her and her family (and forgetting to take pics), she came back with me to Kaytie's and joined us for a fun game night where we laughed so hard it hurt.  And Kate and Geniel surprised Kaytie and I with a birthday treat since our birthdays were the next week. :)

This is Evelyn in the car seat on the drive home.  Beth, Lauren, Geniel, Evelyn and I drove back to Oregon together.  Evelyn was a trooper, only having a hard time within the last hour and a half and even then she was consolable.  What a doll.
 We picked lilacs at a rest area and Evelyn had fun holding one.  We played 2 truths and a lie with Kate and Stacey who were driving home to Vegas.  We sang, we talked.  I learned that Beth knows every word to the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat soundtrack.  Very fun times.  And it really was fun, but there's nothing like being reunited with your family when you've been away.  Seeing Tony and my boys made me so happy.  That's why I love getaways.  They're good for a mama's soul and getting to hug your family after being away is the best feeling ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment