Sunday, January 19, 2014

Daybook 1-19-14

Outside My Window...
Dark night and chilly air.

I am Thankful...
that when the car didn't start, I had jumper cables and I was with a friend.

I am Thinking About...
Primary and my sick babies :(
 
Notes About School...
Ryan's preschool class learned about the letter M this week.  Show and Tell was Wednesday.  The kids are supposed to bring something that starts with the letter of the week.  Ryan wanted me to be his show and tell so I was.  I even stood in the show and tell basket.  Good times.

From the Kitchen...
Extra cupcakes from the Baptism Preview fireside tonight.  I've decided a basic cake decorating kit will be making it's way onto my wish list.  I borrowed one from a friend and I loved it. 

I am Creating...
Order.  There was more organizing this week.  The boys have responsibility charts.  Finally starting these has made my days so much better.  If the kids get their responsibilities done by 7, then they can have 15 minutes of screen time.  They don't get any allowance for these household jobs; it's just part of how they contribute to the family.  However, if they do all of their responsibilities, they can have the opportunity to earn a small amount of money for doing extra chores.  This really works for the kids and the parents.

I am Working On...
changing my scripture study a little.  I'm studying the Old Testament, along with my senior primary kids.  I also want to study the scriptures along with the Preach My Gospel manual.
 
I am Reading...
Not Your Mothers Make it Ahead Freezer Cookbook
 
I am Praying...
for the primary organization.  Always.

I am Struggling...
With a hurt knee.  It's driving me crazy.
 
I am Hearing...

a show that I'm obsessed with.  I'm listening to it, just like old time radio. 
 
Around the House...
It's quiet and clean and that makes me happy.

One of my Favorite Things...
My kids' responsibility charts, hee hee.

A Few Plans for the Next Week...
Tackling my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment