Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas Adventure 2013---Utah!

After driving through the night, the boys woke up to snow!  We had to run through it when we took a rest stop.



Then we were off to stay with Kim, who is like my sister.  I got to meet Nora and she got to meet Evelyn! 


The boys got to go sledding!




I got to hang out with some former roommates.  I'm disappointed that I took no photos.  I got to venture off and try Tai Pan Trading.  
On Sunday night we went to Temple Square to see the lights.  Kim's family and Tony's cousin Kaytie's family joined us.













                             






 Jason loved looking outside at the snow and lights on Kim's porch.
 On our way down south, I really wanted to stop at the BYU campus.  It's been several years since I've been.  The campus housing where I lived freshman year (Fugal Hall 187) was torn down.  Bye bye Heritage Halls :(


 The SWKT is still there!  My home away from my home away from home.
 I loved this school!  While we were there, Tony looked up a professor who was a bishop in Pennsylvania while he served there as a missionary.  It was fun to see him.  We made plans for a more extensive visit on the way back. 

 The snow's trying to hide it but the Y is up on the mountain.  We found it!



We traveled down, stopping in St. George to see a mission buddy of Tony's.  Then we stopped in Overton to see my brother Darin, his wife, Kris and my nephew, Drew.  After a quick visit there, we made the quick drive to Vegas to unpack and stay for awhile.





No comments:

Post a Comment