Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Monday Night

The past two Monday nights have been really hard on Evelyn.  She has been so gassy and her little body gets so tight and frustrated.  I give her drops to help and burp her so much.  I hold her this certain way that we were taught by a nurse that's supposed to help their tummies.  She was swaddled, not swaddled, rocked, bounced, patted, etc.  None of this did the trick...well...at least not for hours.  This poor baby was so uncomfortable and it was hard.  It was bedtime and I had to give Jason some love too.  Here is Max helping with Evelyn so I could cuddle with Jason for a few.  He was so sweet and patted her tummy.  It actually helped a bit.
Here's me and Jase.  I don't usually worry about Jason even though he's so young, he isn't usually missing out on attention.  He gets a lot of love.  He had Grandma and dad when Evelyn was so new and I feel like we cuddle him and give him lots of one and one.  Tonight, however, my heart was kind of breaking.  He was fine, playing, but I wanted to give him mom cuddles before he went to bed, so I let Max help Evelyn and I cuddled with my Jase. 
Sometimes when I'm pushing the stroller with two babies and my two older boys are next to me people comment, "You sure have your hands full".  :)  Well, yes, but night time is usually the time that it can feel hard.  If Evelyn is gassy, my hands do feel full.  Luckily Max and Ryan are super helpers.  They played and played but when I asked them for help, they did it.  Max even volunteered to clean the play room without being asked.  I was so grateful for that.  Ryan helped by getting diapers when I needed them and filling up the diaper basket.  I feel like one blessed mom.
 
This night felt like it would never end, but she did feel better, the play room did get cleaned up, we still had scripture time, the boys did get to bed.  I did get to sleep.  And I actually had some free time to write about it.  ; )  I'm grateful for my helping boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment