Sunday, October 27, 2013

Be Still, My Soul

Max really wanted to invite a friend to the church Halloween party tonight.  I haven't talked to his mom a lot this year, I've been a little out of the loop since I haven't been at the school very much yet this year.  Maybe as Evelyn gets a little older.  When I contacted this friend, I found out that her husband has Acute Myeloid Leukemia.  Heartbreaking.  He's fighting it but their lives are turned around as they establish a new normal while he's in treatment.  I was reading through journal she posts through the hospital website to keep family and friends updated.  There can be times when faith is tested, but it was so nice to see how she shared scripture and her feelings about God and how she felt His love through this process. 

Some of her thoughts were so similar if not the same as ones I had when Tony was in the hospital in 2008.  It's hard to hear about a friend's hardships, but it's also inspiring to read of their faith.  One of my favorite hymns comes to mind.  It was the hymn that went through my mind repeatedly in 2008.

  1. . Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;
  2. With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
  3. Leave to thy God to order and provide;
  4. In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
  5. Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend
  6. Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
  7. 2. Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
    To guide the future as he has the past.
    Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
    All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
    Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
    His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
  8. 3. Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on
    When we shall be forever with the Lord,
    When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
    Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
    Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,
    All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment