Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grandpa J Came to Visit and Other Stuff

Grandpa J came and spent a lot of time with the boys.  Sadly, I need to wait to get photos though.  Tony and J took the boys to the Evergreen Flight Museum.  Jase and I stayed behind to write a talk and attend some special baptisms.  Then we got to visit with the Bulsons which was fun.  Sunday was a bit busy.  Tony and J drove to Oregon for the day to visit family and they even saw Uncle Eric which was no small miracle.  The kids and I had a fun, busy church day and then this girl had a much needed nap. 
 
This week I've had lots of property management responsibilities and other things and I feel like I'm trying to keep my head above water.  Busy, busy.  We said good-bye to Grandpa J yesterday.  The boys had fun spending time with him and wanted him to stay longer.  Max won a coloring contest and received two tickets to the spring fair.  Here are a few snapshots that are on my camera that needed to come off.  And I've got to take a break from work, right?
 
 
This is one of my favorite sweaters that all three boys have been able to wear.  I got this sweater from my friend, Jenn.  It's a keeper.  Now to decide which boy gets it in his keepsake box.  I have to save just a few special things and then I want to pass on the blessings that were shared with us.




The day after we found out we were having a girl, I was grocery shopping at Fred Meyer and I wandered over to the baby clothes section.  I am a sucker for girl clothes with little lady bugs or little strawberries.  So, I had to pick up this outfit.  I'm not into tons of pink but who doesn't love lady bugs and or the teeny strawberries?  No, I won't be buying her clothes all the time, but I couldn't resist just one little layette.  And it says, "Daddy's Little Lady" on the jammies.  Swoon!

Parenting can be frustrating.  When a sensible, smart 5 1/2 year old thinks it's funny to spit on his mom when he's giving her a good night kiss, it's really frustrating.  He knows how disgusting that is and why he felt the need to test that limit, I don't know.  Did he really think I'd think it was funny?  Oy.  But when he came to apologize to me the next morning, he was crying and I started crying and he wrote this sweet note. 

 
When I was putting some blankets away, I found my baby blanket.  I was excited to pull it and put it in the bassinette.

 
On Monday we learned of the bombings at the Boston Marathon.  I just hurt for those people who had to experience that, suffer from it and lose loved ones.  It really helps to know that we have a Savior who helps us and comforts us even in the darkest of times.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment