Thursday, January 3, 2013

Our California Christmas Adventure--Wrapping it Up!

Mom and I were able to go to the Sacramento temple. The location of Sacramento temple has always been one of my favorite places, long before a temple was ever built there.
From December 2012
Then we toured Safetyville, a miniature city that is near my house but I haven't been there since I was in third grade. The kids got to learn about bike safety, safely crossing the street, railroad crossings, etc.
From December 2012
From December 2012
From December 2012
From December 2012
Jase got lots of Grandma love.
From December 2012
We also visited the California Aerospace Museum which was way fun. Alyssa and Margret joined us there with their families. They both have kids Max's age too. It was fun seeing them run around together.
From December 2012
From December 2012
From December 2012
From December 2012
Grayson and Max
From December 2012
I loved this beauty. It kind of reminded me of a Gee Bee.
From December 2012
Now Audrey's part of the crew!
From December 2012
In the Sky Trooper which flew on D-Day over Normandy. Too cool!
From December 2012
Neil Armstrong flew in this baby.
From December 2012
From December 2012
From December 2012
Jase didn't mind missing out on the museum. He had fun with Grandma.
From December 2012
Sunday at one a.m. we said our good-byes at the train station and started the trek home. A tired trooper.
From December 2012
We were all a little weary.
From December 2012
We arrived in Eugene around 2pm on New Year's Eve. We played for a little while with cousins and then drove straight to Renton. This is what the boys looked like when we got home.
From December 2012
They went straight to bed. Normally, I'm the holiday and tradition enthusiast, but for the first time, Tony had to keep me awake to see the ball drop. Then Tony had the energy to get pots and pans and I blearily pounded on them for a minute to bring in the new year. Then we went straight to bed. Even though, we came home and I was slightly overwhelmed at all that is on our plate to do in the different aspects of life, jobs, etc., I was glad for that wonderful getaway, for the family time and for the opportunity to focus on who and what is most important at Christmas time. I'm grateful for a great husband who took me to see Les Mis while we were in Cali for part 1 of our anniversary, who has helped me to take down our Christmas magic at home, because there's a lot. We are truly blessed to have our little family, our home, our jobs. Each new year together makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment