Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Starting Chapter Books

A friend recently told me she's been reading chapter books to her kids since they were small so I thought, why not? I loved being read to and just imagining what was happening. We are giving it a go with "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"
From April 2012
We read some at nap time (trying to get Ryan to settle down (I'm not ready for his nap time to be done with---he still didn't nap) and we read some at night time. Max stuck around for 70 pages. It is a good book. We're going to have a family night of Candyland and watching the older version of the movie when we're done. Fun book!

2 comments:

  1. I started all my kids on read-aloud chapter books with "My Father's Dragon" by Ruth Stiles Gannett. It would be another excellent choice for your boys.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's going to be a fun family night! We started the Little House on the Prairie series last summer with the kids. Now Lucy is in love with the Junie B. series that she reads on her own.

    Miss you Alpha-dogg ;)

    ReplyDelete