Monday, April 30, 2012

The Kim House Reunion!

When I moved to Washington to go to graduate school, I lived in a house with 3 other women. One was my dear friend Kim who had been my roommate all 4 years at BYU. The other two were Kim and Kimber who I didn't know yet. Our house quickly became dubbed the "Kim House". Even when Kimber moved out and Rachel moved in, the name kind of stuck. Now that Kim N. moved back to Washington and Kim F. was able to fly in from Utah, these dear friends of mine were able to get together for the first time in over a year. The last time was at Rachel's wedding and she was a little occupied at the time ; )
After we picked up Rachel in Lacey, we got pedicures.
From April 2012

We stayed at the coast in a darling beach house(walking distance to the beach). The weather didn't cooperate for us, but we didn't care. Being together and chatting and laughing, shopping at little beachtown shops and relaxing was a huge treat for us!
We stayed at the Daydream cottage.
From April 2012

Kim, Rachel, Kim and I
From April 2012

We made several trips to the beach to look at shells, the view, look for seals, etc. These are my kind of girls who love to explore even when the weather isn't perfect. No complaints here! :)
From April 2012

From April 2012

We loved this view at the top of the stairs.
From April 2012

And it's even gorgeous looking back.
From April 2012

Fun in the sand!
From April 2012

From April 2012

Kim F. taught us a new game and I loved it!
From April 2012

And of course we played lots of Nertz and laughed until it hurt. I woke up Sunday morning with a stomach bug--must have been something I ate, but at least it went away by that afternoon and it didn't put a damper on the overall fun we had. I love these girls! Thanks again for a great weekend. We have so many fun memories as roomies and throughout our friendship.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun girls weekend! Thom is going to San Francisco on business and it reminded me of the last time I was there with you and Kim and...I can't remember who else! I guess it's been too long. Miss you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go! Looks like so much fun! and which Kim F? The married name F or the single name F? ... I was confused, cause I instantly went to Flanders. :)

    allyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would have loved to join you all, too! It is beautiful, and it seems like it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete