Sunday, August 14, 2011

Baby Chickens, Rooster Soup and a visit to a Dear, Dear Friend

One of my dearest friends in high school, one of my bridesmaids, etc., moved to Oregon and we went to visit her and her cute kiddos. She lives on beautiful farmland with amazing views. They have sheep and chickens so the kids had such a fun time.
Here are Jenn and the kids picking berries. Ryan kept saying, "More black boobies (kind of a mash up of black and blueberries)"
From August 1, 2011

In front of the house.
From August 1, 2011

I really love daisies and I was just amazed by how beautiful it was so I took lots of pics.
From August 1, 2011

Lunch on the patio
From August 1, 2011

With this view
From August 1, 2011

The kids gathered eggs. There was an egg with a crack in it under the hen and Jenn realized it was moving! Later that evening (after we were gone, there were two baby chicks in the chicken coop!)
From August 1, 2011

Minutes after this picture was taken, the "bad rooster" started attacking Ryan. That rooster had started going after Julia before so that rooster is now "Rooster Soup" as Jenn informed me.
From August 1, 2011

Happy to be running through grass fields.
From August 1, 2011

Meeting Fluffy Magoo, one of their sheep.
From August 1, 2011

From August 1, 2011

I wish the world could know Jenn and how amazing she is. I was telling her as I took this picture that 16 years ago, I never would have imagined her living on land with sheep and chickens. Our teenage selves were very different. It's amazing what a difference maturity, life lessons and especially a true knowledge of our Savior's love for us has made in our lives. She is an awesome mom and friend.
We picked more blackberries.
From August 1, 2011

And then it was time to go. We had such a fun time and can't wait for the next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment