Tuesday, August 2, 2011

All in a Day

Today my boys were lucky enough to play a lot of the day with their good friends. I was lucky enough to have a good friend take my boys so I could 1) see the doctor for my annual exam, 2) run to the store quickly (quickly is never an adjective I can use when kids are involved) and 3) paint my bathroom. She even brought my kids home fed, tired and ready for a nap! So, I got to......paint some more! I'm never good at before pictures so here are midway pictures of the master bathroom.
From August 1, 2011

Notice there are no base boards. That will change. The walls were white and now they are "Seattle" grey. Gotta love the name.
From August 1, 2011

I also got to go to a canning class tonight and learn about canning all kinds of food. I love it when people share their talents so others can learn. I even got to take these home:
From August 1, 2011

This day also included a fun walk/bike ride with our favorite dog, Saydi. The boys are having such fun taking care of her. She also rode with us to the bank to drop off rent checks.
Tony enjoyed some guy time after school. He never has a lot of time to spend with friends so he spent a day with a work buddy paddle boarding off Raft Island where his friend lives. Here is what he looks like now.
From August 1, 2011

He calls it his "base". I call it skin cancer. ; ) We're enjoying Tony being home after school for this one week. Friday, he'll start at Boeing and he'll start working mandatory weekends until they're caught up on projects. We don't know when that will be. He'll have 2 weekends on and one weekend off. That's in addition to his normal 75 hour work week. You might start seeing insane ramblings of mine on this blog after he's been on that work/school schedule for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great color. I tip my hat to you...bathrooms are hard to paint. I wish I were closer to enjoy canning with you. It's fun work but even better to do with a friend or family.

    ReplyDelete