Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our First Abode




This is the house that Tony and I signed a contract for in December of 2004 before we got married. In fact, they insisted that I sign it under my maiden name because of concern they had that we may not go through with the 2 week away wedding. HA--take that cynics! This house has taught us a lot about gardening and lawn care. We pretty much had to learn or it would have been a jungle. We had the faucet shoot off the wall and water come gushing out of the wall the first night we stayed there. It had weepy windows and no screens in the bedroom windows. It had retro lime green countertops in the kitchen. But despite those few flaws, we had fun in this house. There are a lot of great memories from the first 4.5 years of our married life. We made a lot of great friends in our area. We hated the property management company at the end (had to battle for our deposit) but what a great first abode!

2 comments:

  1. It's wierd that I haven't ever been to your house. I haven't even seen the outside before these pics. Sad:( I'm glad that you are still making time to come back to your old town of Tacoma to visit us! It was fun to see you at the park today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought much of entertaining in our small home because it was so teeny. I regret that!

    ReplyDelete