Tuesday, June 16, 2009

How Tony and Debbie Met (Deb's perspective)

December of 2003--I was sitting next to my roommate, Kim F. before church and noticed a new guys sitting behind us. We started talking to him and invited him to a New Year's Eve party we were having. Kim and I have different views on the meeting because I thought she was flirting with him and I like to tease her that her flirting got me a husband. According to Kim she was just being friendly--hmmm... :) He didn't come to our party, but did call us up a few weeks later because he wanted to know if anything was going on that night. Kim told him that we (as in me and my 3 roommates) were having an anti-social night and were staying home, scrapbooking and drinking hot chocolate. We invited him over anyways and surprisingly he came (can you say BORED?) So we hung out and I got my first glimpse at how funny Tony is and we struck up an instant friendship that really grew when a group of us went to Little Tokyo and he and I pretended to be spies the whole night. We were friends becoming closer and closer until May of '04 when a small group of us went camping on the San Juan Islands. Tony and I pretty much did our own thing the whole weekend. We even went fishing only to catch crabs (how many crabs have you seen pinching a fishing line while you reeled it in and caught it?). That weekend we began "dating" and had so much fun. He even flew me to the East Coast to visit Philidalphia, Deleware and Maryland where he served his mission. In November, he flew me to Alaska where he proposed to me and we were married January 8, 2005 in the Portland temple. He is definitely the love of my life!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing how-you-met stories. So sweet!
    And if you ever want to come back to Philly we'd love to have you visit.

    ReplyDelete