Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ryan's Birth Story


Dad's Story (mom's story at the end): May 28th at 12:27 PM Ryan Anthony Epperson was born. He and mom are both doing very well. Ryan weighed in at 9lbs 9 oz slightly smaller than Max, and is 21 and 1/4 inches long.v Max is getting used to the fact that he is not center stage anymore. A short story of the brother's fateful meeting: Max wanted to hold Ryan and when he did it lasted for .05 seconds and he said "All done" and he was off to count the bugs on the out side of the hospital window...



Heading to the Hospital Photobucket My new living alarm clock yea!!!! Newborn Ryan Max holding Ryan Max meets his new brother New Mom and Ryan
Mom's Story: I was so wanting to go into labor on my own and not get induced again (stuck to IVs, etc.). But then, the waiting for and growing of the baby could not go on much longer so I scheduled an induction for 5/28. I had contractions the Sunday before but nothing happened and then after scheduling the induction, I went into labor the day before it was to occur. I started having contractions early on wednesday and thought that Tony might have to miss his orthodontist appt. (that's right, my hot hubby has braces) but it wasn't that fast. So, we did the normal move and clean stuff until that night they picked up again. They were four minutes apart so we went to the hospital after making a pit stop for lip gloss (you know I'm crazy). I had progressed to a 4 and then while at the hospital I progressed another centimeter when things totally slowed down. Luckily, I was 10 days overdue and going to be induced in the next 6 hours at that point, so they kept me. I was induced Thursday morning and my doctor broke my water when he did rounds (around 9:30 or so) and I started having major contractions. Even though I'm pro natural births, I've gone back and forth about getting an epidural and decided to get one so I could be more alert and present during the birth as people have told me. But the anesthesiologist was busy with another woman and I progressed super fast. So after a very panicky transition, I started pushing and baby Ryan finally came out about 30 minutes after that. We are so in love with him. He needed light photo therapy because of a high bilirubin count. His and my blood were incompatible so I got a shot in the hip and he has to sleep on a blue light bed. Tony and I decided that people should ask their significant others what their blood types are before getting married ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment