Monday, October 10, 2016

Georgia and Alabama Trip Part 1

For the last 5 years my brother has lived in Guam and Italy.  He then got stationed in Georgia and we were super excited.  He got to come visit us and then start his command.  They have a change of command ceremony to celebrate the outgoing commander and the incoming one as well.  Alan wanted us all to come but logistics made that hard.  However, I've got a great hubby, great brother-in-law and great friends so I was able to be a part of it and it was great.

My first day there my parents and I visited the Jimmy Carter Museum.







Then we visited the Martin Luther King Home and the Ebeneezer Baptist Church where MLK Sr and Jr. preached.
















Alan's Change of Command Ceremony was awesome!  Dave got to fly in a Blackhawk since he's in the military too.  He said it was fun but he was white knuckled part of the time because he was sitting next to the open door and the seat belt wasn't tight.



































No comments:

Post a Comment