Tuesday, October 11, 2016

BDB Weekend 2016

Last year my cousin Becky and friend Becky and I went on a girl's weekend.  We decided to make it an annual thing.  This year we rented a lake house.  It was perfect, beautiful and relaxing.  I love these ladies.  They are so giving, intelligent and ready for adventure.






We visited Mima Mounds.  It was fun to see another type of beauty and read about the theories behind why these mounds were formed.









Then we did another nature walk with different types of scenery.








Beaver den.


A very creature-like tree.


Back at the lake house we decided to spill the contents of our purse and see what everyone had.  It was very funny and both Becky's are fans of lip balm.


We also had lunch and walked around downtown Olympia.








On my drive home, I did a side trip through one of my favorite parts of Washington.  This is Dupont-Steilacoom Road.  I love the trees and shady drive.


Then I went to Sunnyside Beach in Steilacoom which has always been one of my favorites.  I love the view of the Puget Sound.



And then the drive along the sound towards University Place and going through this shaded road.  I remember some of my first memories of the Tacoma area after moving there in 2012 was Sunnyside Beach and the fall leaves along this drive.  The leaves haven't totally changed yet, but it was still beautiful.


When I got home I had to smooch my littles and spend time with them playing!  I'm lucky to have great friends and a great husband who supports our annual retreat.



No comments:

Post a Comment