Saturday, April 30, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Grandma and Then we Get Sick

It's tradition to help Grandma with her luggage.  Then big hugs and kisses and waving until she drives out of sight.  It was fun to have you here!  Thanks for a fun visit!



After saying goodbye to Namma,  I drove the littles to a friend's house so I could volunteer at the boys' school.  Afterwards I noticed some goop in Evelyn's eye.  In less than 2 hours after that her eye was swollen and really goopy.  Blech.  Then I wasn't feeling great that night.  I went visiting teaching which was great but then I was just feeling super crummy.  Well that feeling turned into the flu. I was a little panicky because Tony was supposed to leave that afternoon to go camping with boy scouts.  Luckily, one of the other leaders took his place.    I don't know what I would have done. Tony took Ev to the doctor and got medicine for her eye.  And 36 hours later I'm kinda feeling better and keeping things down.  Thank you ginger-ale.  


It's kind of sad being sick on a beautiful spring weekend, missing a friend's play, a baseball game and a baptism.  But, at least I know it will end and I can kind of enjoy the beautiful spring days from inside the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment