Friday, April 22, 2016

HIking in the Hoh Rain Forest

We decided to do a spontaneous side trip to the Hoh Rain Forest.  Namma Kate had never been even when she lived in Washington and my kids had never been.  We had two drivers so it wasn't a big deal to make the drive longer and we were already so close.

Jase with the back pack.












A buffalo head or a Pterodactyl head.


Evelyn looking for fairies.



The moss was so thick on some of the logs that the kids were bouncing on it. :)

I loved it when Evelyn and Jase stopped in the middle of the trail to watch a little red bug for minutes.  When we tried to convince them to move on, Evelyn said, "Bye Bye Bug"

Then Jase turned to me and lifted up his arms towards me and said, "I want to ride a pig!"  It only took me a second to know he wanted a piggy back ride, but haha, ride a pig?  Thanks Jase! ; )




Max in his "x-wing cockpit".




Max caught a salamander.








We wanted to stop by the coast one more time on the way back.  So the beach with the best signage going south also required a little hike.  Haha.  Good thing we're adventurous.










Good bye ocean!  It's been so fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment