Friday, March 18, 2016

Eye Eye Eye! Pirates ahoy!

New insurance provider meant a new eye doctor.  Max got new glasses and I set everyone else up for appointments at a time where I could take them in all by themselves.  

Here is Evelyn excited to have her eyes checked.

She had no problems.  Ryan had no problems except for a scratch on his cornea which was the type of scratch seen more in adults. Hmmmm...



Then I took Jase in and the regular check up turned into a super long appointment to re-check and then pick out glasses.  Jase has to patch like Max, only I wanted to get band-aid type patches because I had the feeling that Jase would just move the patch away.

Here is our cute Pirate Jase.  Truthfully, it kind of broke our hearts when we put on the patch and he sadly said, "I can't see, I can't see", but we are also grateful to catch it earlier than it was caught with Max.  We also know that even though vision problems aren't fun, there are many, many other things that could have been wrong and we are grateful that it isn't something more serious.



Jase (and Max) are supposed to do "near work".  Max does his independently (piano, reading, video games).  Jase and I do his time when Evelyn is napping.  It's his pirate patch time.  He does pirate play-doh and beading and at the very end gets to watch his "favorite show, Octonauts".  Arrgggh!



No comments:

Post a Comment