Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ryan's Prayer and Max's Fast

Parenting is wonderful and tiring and full of happiness and disappointment.  My children are not perfect by any means, but I wanted to remember a few touching moments we've had.  Yesterday was cousin Daniel's birthday and Ryan said a prayer that Daniel would have a nice birthday.  I love when my kids think of others.  Today, Tony and I are fasting as part of our ward's 40 day fast.  Every family chose one day to fast so that for forty days, our ward has someone fasting.  We hope this will strengthen our faith and help us to help others come to Christ.  Max was asking about how to fast and he decided to fast.  He decided to go without one meal and he wanted to fast for Elder Perry's wife.  Elder L. Tom Perry passed away yesterday.  He is an apostle of the Lord and is a great example of faith.  He is the only apostle that I have met in person.  He is very tall with a wonderful smile. :)  My BYU roommates and I decided to go to temple square for conference.  We met Elder Perry there.  It is one of my favorite memories. :)  And now whenever I think about fasting, I will remember the faith and love of a child who wants to follow Christ's example and do what is right.  These two really are amazing kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment