Thursday, June 18, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend started with a Friday at home with the family.  After everyone was in bed, I did the final cleaning and sat down to finally catch up on the blog.  For some reason Evelyn woke up and started crying.  I wonder if she saw the light on.  I was able to pick her up with her favorite blanket, bring her into the living room and just snuggle with her, feeling her heartbeat next to mine.  These moments are so tender to me.  What a blessing to be the mother to these beautiful children who I know are meant to be in Tony's and my care.  I've had several experiences before they were born, where I felt my children close.  They are the whole reason I made most of the choices I did in life.  I knew that if I didn't change some of the things I was doing as a teenager, that it would affect me in the future and affect my children.  Everything I am is to be a wife and mother.  Nothing else I can do is more important than that.  Yes, I need to have time to myself, to be my own person, but I am not complete without my family.  They mean more to me than they can ever know.  Every thing I teach, every word I record, every photo I take, every adventure I help plan is for my family.

We went to the Mariner's Game this weekend which was a birthday gift.  So fun!  I also got to enjoy the beauty of springtime around our house.









Mother's Day was lovely with my wonderful husband and kiddos making sure I got to rest.  It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment