Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Birthday day!

I had a really fun birthday.  I'm blessed with wonderful family and friends.  I had a surprise dinner with friends.  It was great to celebrate with such fun people.  They pulled off the surprise with one day notice since Tony's schedule opened up and he was able to be home and take care of the kids last minute.  Love these ladies.  A really cool thing happened towards the end of our dinner.  An older gentleman who was dining with his wife came over to me and said he wanted to give me a birthday present because it looked like I was having such a nice time.  He handed me $10 just like that.  I had to give him a big hug.  It was a beautiful gesture and totally appreciated. I decided right then that I would pay it forward.
We went shopping as a family.  



Tony surprised me again by taking me on a surprise date to Red Lobster so we could have lobster and crab. Yum!  


Then we saw Avengers.  Our sweet baby-sitter had the boys draw pictures and they made me cupcakes while Tony and I were out.



On Sunday, the primary kids sang to me--seriously a favorite of mine! :)  




On my actual birthday, I volunteered in Max's classroom and my friend had offered to watch the kiddos longer so I could do some shopping.  That was really nice.  When I was back home for the babes' naps, I had a couple of friends stop by with cupcakes and gifts.  Of course my kids and hubby are always there to brighten everything.  They are my world!











I also had help painting from friends.  Tal even brought lunch and helped me finish painting my bathrooms!
It was quite memorable.  Most memorable was taking the time to do 38 acts of service.  I had a friend who did 40 acts of service on her 40th birthday and it inspired me.  So even with all of the fun gifts and visits, I treasure taking the time to make sure I turned to others and provided service.  I'm grateful for kind friends who inspire me every day!  Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment