Saturday, September 20, 2014

Scouting

This weekend Tony and I got to attend (at different times) a Little Philmont training that is to help train leaders on scouting and how it can help prepare boys to be contributing citizens and serve missions, etc.  Imagine my surprise when one of the speakers who was from out of town, Brad Harris, asks if Sister Epperson is here.  Tony met him last night because Brother Harris used to be his bishop when he lived in Concord, CA.  So Brother Harris asked me to say the closing prayer and then gave me a copy of his book, Trails to Testimony.  That was pretty cool.  Then, I ran into a friend that I was in the same ward with at BYU my junior year.  She lives in North Seattle now.  And above all that, the training was really helpful.  I'm excited to help kids be a part of the scouting program and help my own boys have fun and learn when their time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment