Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Daybook 9/16/14

Outside My Window...
My lavender and honeysuckle are freshly cut and ready for the winter and the flower beds are weeded.

I am Thankful...
for miracles and tender mercies that are given by a loving Father in Heaven.

I am Thinking About...
an auction.  The short sale we have been waiting for is up for auction and it closes tomorrow.  Is this the house we're going to be in?  We'll see.  I've checked the online bids no less than 10 times today.

Notes About School...
Max and Ryan love school.  They are flourishing.  I have happy boys everyday after school who talk over each other to tell me about what they did.

From the Kitchen...
I tried cooking sweet potatoes in the crock pot which I liked.  I have to find some recipes that will get my boys to like sweet potatoes.  Who am I kidding, even Evelyn wouldn't eat it.  Hmmm

I am Creating...
memories with my babies every morning when it's just us.  Today I finger painted with Jason and then enjoyed a relaxing play date in the sun with a neighbor.  Bliss.  

I am Working On...
House hunting, scheduling for therapists and NOT property management. :)  Even though the way we ended our property management was different than we expected, I can't say that I miss it. Good while we did it, not sad we don't have to do it.

I am Reading...
I must stick to one book. I've started 3 and haven't gotten far in any of them.

I am Praying...
that we find the house for us and that we have a painless closing process.

I am Struggling...
with focus

I am Hearing...
All is quiet on the western front.

Around the House...
I've finshed my nightly clean up (I prefer waking up to an empty sink, clean dishes in the dishwasher for the boys to put away and the house already picked up and the floor swept. That is my nightly routine.  It's 9:50 and I really should get o bed like everyone else.

One of my Favorite Things...
Jason's building vocabulary and how he says, "Ry-uh" for Ryan but doesn't say Max, just giggles.  And I love how excited he gets around "Bah bahs (babies).  I also love that his hugs.

A Few Plans for the Next Week...
Daily learning activities with the babies. :)

What else is on my mind...this past week had a bit of a roller coaster ride in the middle of it, and I want to document it because I like to look back and see the tender mercies that have been given us.  Last week we were asked to sign a security deposit on the home we've lived in for four years.  We'll be on a month-to-month lease while we find and close on our home. They had us fill out a walk through inspection of the home and because I want our deposit back (and these new owners have never inspected the house themselves), I was very detailed and erred on the side of negative when it came to describing the condition of things.  We've had ants and some mold in the master bathroom.  The morning after I turn this in, I get a call from one of the new owners (one I've barely met and who has not worked with us) who says that because of the deplorable condition of the house, we have to be out in 30 days so they can get a crew in to fix it up and get it ready for sale.  It's not possible for them to do the work during the winter months so it has to be done now.  He also felt that he had been deceived by the previous owners on the condition of the house (you could have come and looked at it and had it inspected at any time).  I let him know that we have never had to inspect a home and if he would come and see it, then he might have a different evaluation.  Maybe my fair-poor indication was really good-fair, etc.  He said he trusted our evaluation and so we needed to go.  "It's just business"  I let him know that I wished he would have inspected it or would at least come now and inspect it.  Later that day after panic had set in and I had sobbed, Tony who was much calmer about this, talked to the owner and worked it out that we could stay.  We have until the end of January of next year (which we hope to be out as soon as possible), but at least it's not open-ended this time, because they had given us 30 days when they took over ownership of the park.  So we had to write an email stating what had been done about the mold and ants and include a statement that we feel comfortable with our family living here.  So voila!  We are not homeless, we have breathing room.  And the kicker is that over the summer Tony became a lead (supervisor) at work.  When he was able to move to dayshift, (after a 3 year wait) we had to decide whether or not to keep the promotion or move to day shift.  We value family time and for many reasons felt that it was better for him to move to day shift.  We had the impression he wouldn't be able to be lead on days because he would be low on the seniority totem pole.  However, miraculously, he was able to interview for a position and found out he got the job the day after the emotional roller coaster of getting 30 days notice.  Oh, and the evening of the emotional roller coaster, the sister missionaries, who I adore, stopped by with some treats because they'd been thinking of us.  I told them they were inspired.  It was a tender mercy from Heavenly Father.  He let us know that even though things had been scary for a bit, that He is there, we are loved.  We knew this of course, but we had been momentarily concerned with how we would handle the trial of having to move in 30 days, uncertain of where we would go.  We know that our lives are in His hands and He showed us love through the sister missionaries and through helping us work out the situation and helping us to have the blessing of more income to help.  Now I'm really tired and rambling, but I know that God loves us as he does everyone and He and our Savior helps us through the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment