Friday, September 20, 2013

We Made Our Goal!!!

We went 100 miles!  Let me tell you that this was harder than I had envisioned at the beginning of the summer.  Once the first heat wave hit, and I got more pregnant, my energy was harder to find.  Top that off with Tony's ankle bothering him a LOT.  He had a hard time taking them on the 5 mile bike rides that I had thought might happen.  Luckily, Tony has a new, customized orthotic and we have a beautiful baby girl! ; )  But, since we weren't able to get the 100 miles in as quickly as I had thought, we decided it would be truly a summer goal--so it had to be accomplished by September 21st!  Luckily, thanks to shorter trips, Grandma coming to town and counting trips to the bus stop ; ), we were able to get our 100 miles in!  Wahoo! 

 
Looking at a caterpillar on one of our trips (Soos Creek Trail).

 
Ryan found a "house".


The "Green River" trail.
 
 
 
The other thing I realized I had to be lenient on was the fact that we went on trips while Max was in school.  Originally, the two older boys were both going to have to be on the trip for it to count.  I decided it was okay because 100 miles for two young cutie pies was a pretty lofty goal, so if there were a few trips that were individual, it was A-OK.  :)
 
The boys did go to the Fall Fair!  In fact, they went with Grandma!  It was a very fun day for them.  I'll get pics from Grandma later. 
 
Here are the boys celebrating the accomplishment of their goal.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment