Monday, September 9, 2013

Do You...

ever have those moments where you realize you've taken somebody for granted, that you've taken life for granted?  I have been so frustrated with a certain handsome someone who shall remain nameless for a few different reasons, reasons that have been fueled by post-partum hormones.  I've been so frustrated and I've forgotten all of the right ways to communicate and the right ways to show love.  I'm sure this has never happened to anyone else ; ) 

So, I've had a really good, peaceful and productive day today.  I'm really grateful to have Kate here to help with the kids.  I got to do some office work tonight and then I was just on facebook when I happened upon a friend of a friend's page about their fight with cancer.  A comment had shown up on my newsfeed and I clicked on it and saw this page about this young father who had two kids, had battled cancer and had unfortunately lost his fight.  The family had a slogan, "No regrets".  What a wake up call.  I hate it when I get so caught up in things that I think should be a certain way.  I have expectations and sometimes it's hard for me to change my expectations and I get frustrated when a certain loved one doesn't have the same expectations.  Then I get that tender mercy shown by a friend's comment on their friend's facebook page (random, yes, but as the tears spill down my face, I feel like I was meant to click on this page).

Life is so short, we just have to love those around us and be grateful for the second chance we have to be with them.  Hopefully, I won't always need these wake up calls because I have had others; you'd think I'd learn.  Hopefully someday, I won't need to be compelled to be humble.  If you had asked me 4 1/2 years ago if I would be so frustrated with a certain handsome someone, I would have said no way.  I was just grateful to have him with me, alive.  So yes, hopefully, I will always remember how fortunate I am.  Not only because I have a husband still but because he is wonderful and helps with the kids and is a great dad.  No, he doesn't read my mind and no he doesn't have sky-high expectations of how everything in our life should be, but thankfully, he brings me back down to earth, loves our kids and treats us all well and works hard for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment