Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Glance at the Past

I'm sure there is a better way to organize family history than randomly on my blog, but this is how it goes...

My great-great grandfather, James Harvey Heath joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints when he lived in Mississippi. He later moved to Nauvoo where he helped work on the temple. He also crossed the plains to help settle several areas in Utah, one being Wayne County, specifically Bicknell.

My grandfather, Merlin Earnest Heath rode a bicycle to Delta, Utah to find work. He found work on the farm of my grandmother's foster family. They fell in love and were married. Later, due to her health, they moved to the warmer climate of San Bernadino, CA where they raised their family. Merlin Earnest died when my mom was 4 1/2. He'd had Rheumatic fever when he was a child and that affected his heart. Edith Marie and Merlin Earnest had 6 children together before he died.

Here is their wedding picture:
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

And a picture with just their oldest, Uncle Frank.
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

And more of the family--Uncle Frank, Uncle Charles, Uncle Leo and Aunt Mary.
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

And here is my Aunt Mary and my mom (mom's on the right).
From Because Life Should Never Be Ordinary

My mom's working on her life history so far and she's going to give me copies of more of my grandparent's histories. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment