Monday, June 13, 2011

Sound to Narrows 2011

So I've been doing this race every year since 2005 (except 2007) and it is definitely the place I'm going to be every second Saturday in June. I've mostly done the 5K except for 2008 when Tony and I did the 12K with little training and it showed, haha. This year I did the 12K again and it is very hilly. Not very exciting pics from the camera phone but here is the before:
What am I in for?
From June 2011

And afterwards I was still smiling. It didn't kill me this year (only a little sore in the quads from the steep hills). The hills were hard and I'm not saying I'm the speediest. The hills slowed me down to averaging 16 minute miles, but I'm still proud of myself.
I listened to a lot of fast music to keep me going. Here is the song that helped me finish. I like listening to it much better than watching it. ; )

I totally missed the boys' races by seconds, but Tony helped them and took video for me!
Here's cutie pie Ryan:

And speedy Max:



Afterwards we went to the waterfront to enjoy some boats and a juggling mime. It was a beautiful family day!

2 comments: