Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our Valentine's Day

was celebrated early with a date to the church Valentine's dinner/dance. It was fun because they even had a floor show before the dance started.
From February 2011

I got to realize yet again why Tony is my perfect valentine. He helped me do prep work yesterday so I could do some painting this week. He let me do some extra deep-cleaning projects even though it required some work on his part and he didn't complain. We have taken the time to serve each other this valentine's day which has made it even more special. I remember when Tony and I were dating, a my friend Jenn (who may see this post--and I hope still loves me afterwards) telling me that she was more in love with her husband after several years of marriage than she ever was in the beginning phases of their relationship. I thought that she was a little crazy because how could it possibly get ANY better? We were SMITTEN! Well, she's been proven right. After our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks, we grieved together and I saw a new depth to our relationship. As we've learned to maneuver life's journey together, had kids together, gone through different trials together, spent happy vacations together, spent time in the temple together, our love has deepened, matured and we are even more smitten than before. Last night Tony wrapped his ankle brace as tight as he could so we could dance the night away. He was so fun that it reminded me of the 70's, 80's, 90's dance that we first danced at as young single adults. His hair was tinted blue and mine was in an awesome side ponytail. ; ) I was smitten then and 7 years later he means more to me than I even knew possible.

1 comment:

  1. Aww. So sweet. I love you Deb. Can't wait to see you. Let me know when you are in town. Happy Valentines ...week? lol

    ReplyDelete