Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spinach Fail

So I'm trying to vary our diet so the kids can like different foods. I've never been a cooked spinach fan, in fact there's only two ways I've had it that have even worked for me. There's Spinach Quiche (yum) and a Xhosa dish I ate in S. Africa with potatoes, spinach and cheese. Mostly we eat raw spinach, especially in our Green Smoothies.
Tonight I looked up how to make spinach that kids will eat. I found this article
and put some of this cooked spinach (cooked without the water) on a Garden burger (Portabello mushroom variety-yum). I thought it was delightful--the kids not so much. I'll have to experiment more. So we had a Green Smoothie.

Any chance anyone has awesome, kid-approved veggie recipes (using other than carrots, tomatoes, lettuce, broccoli and corn)?

No comments:

Post a Comment