Friday, July 17, 2009

Shrek Shakes

Max wanted me to write down for his future self how much he loves "apple juice" or spinach shakes. Some moms call them Shrek shakes so their kids will be okay with the green color. Alas, Max doesn't know about or care about Shrek yet so we go along with apple juice. Every juice he tries is apple juice to him. Here's what Max and I drink along with breakfast every morning (Tony and Stacey not so much ;-) frozen berries, banana, a spoonful of frozen apple-cranberry concentrate, flax seed, water and a whole lotta spinach leaves. The berrys, concentrate and banana overpower the spinach taste. So good and it has helped Max in several ways.

3 comments:

  1. Hey- that sounds pretty good! Do you have a powerful blender? The "apple juice" thing cracks me up. When Audrey was little every kind of meat had to be called "salmon" for her to eat it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a very basic blender but it works fine. I long for a Vita-Mix someday though ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have to try it too.

    ReplyDelete