Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 1 of the Big Boy Bed

Max did not nap (that was the trial run). We called both grandmas and talked up the bed and I read stories and even laid down with him for a little bit. It was just not going to happen. At bedtime, he started out okay but then wanted me to lay down with him. After a little bit I got up and he wanted to come out of the room. I held the door shut which of course makes me feel mean but it worked. I held it for about 1 minute and he went back to his bed and cried there. The crying continued and daddy went in and gave him some milk and laid down with him for a few minutes. He woke up as happy as can be and proud of himself. So all in all the first night seems worse written than it was. I must say though, sometimes his 2-3 hour naps were nice. OH well ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good Job! He will get used to it, just like Cade got used to his "big boy" crib, eventually!! Isn't it crazy that they get so messed up just by changing beds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with transitioning.
    We're going to be moving A into a big-boy bed sometime in the near future. Then J can sleep in a real crib.

    ReplyDelete