Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bonne Nuit!

Even if the boys are acting like crazy hooligans and I can't wait for them to get to bed, part of the reason is that I love our bedtime routine. We read the scriptures, practice an Article of Faith and the Primary song of the month which right now is: If I Listen with My Heart. I love that bedtime routine which I've seen my brother Dave and sister-in-law Casi do and so we've incorporated that into our home. Then comes story time and Max always wants me to tell him one "from my head" so I do. We like to use our imaginations, but I always ask him questions so he's really telling the story.
Tonight's edition: Once upon a time there was a little boy named Max and he had a brother named Ryan. They were outside riding their bikes when they saw a...
"mushroom", and a..."that thing we saw today", oh, a gnome (statue), "yeah, a gnome named Frankie". And Frankie said,..."Do you want to play?", and Max said..."Yeah and Ryan did too". So they went, "and the gnome fell in a big puddle of mud (this was demonstrated and there were sound effects). And then..."they saw a nice ghost and he laughed".....it goes on a little bit longer, but I think you get the gist of why I love bedtime. And to top it off, we pray together and give kisses which include a nose kiss. I love my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment