Thursday, March 4, 2010

Faith in Humanity

While my boys are happily making each other laugh, I just want to unwind from the marathon errand trip I just took them on (four hours and 9 stops later). Anybody who has ever grocery shopped with two or more littles knows that it can be taxing to say the least. I do big grocery trips solo but there are the times I need to pick up just a "few things". Still, by the time I got to the grocery store, Ryan had fallen asleep so he stayed in the car seat in the main part of the cart while Max sat in the child seat part. I fit the eggs, formula, etc., etc. around the car seat and under the cart and then when it was all bagged up, it was even harder so I ended up with several bags on my arms as I pushed the cart out of the store. This is normal, no big deal. Well after loading the kids and groceries in the car (and this is stop 7 and about 3.25 hours into our excursion) I'm tired and ready to get on. Well, a nice man pulled up and said that someone had dropped a bag of groceries and he had turned it in and he wondered if it was mine. He described what was in it and I knew it was mine. Darn, I'd have to get the kids out, put them back in a cart and trek back into the store. Ryan had fallen back asleep and I was tempted to let the groceries go, but it did have ingredients for tonight's supper and we're not wasteful, so...back we went. I had thanked the man for finding our groceries but during the time it took to unload kids, go back to store, back to car and load kids up again, I was able to appreciate the kindness of that man and that simple act of kindness he showed. I like having moments like this that help me appreciate the ability of humans to choose kindness and compassion towards each other. I like these moments better than the ones where our cars have been broken into! : )

My boys are just in their skivvies and Ryan is "chasing" Max. I love being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment