Sunday, February 14, 2010

They Say Love is Just Infatuation, I Say Love is Dancin' Across the Nation

If you know the song that has those lyrics without googling it, I will think you beyond awesome!

Tony and I have only been dancing a handful of times since we've been married. It's funny that the church has lots of dances when you're single so you can meet people, only they're not always fun and you usually spend some of your brain's energy wondering if the one you like is going to ask you to dance. Then, you get married and the opportunities to dance via church activities becomes nearly nonexistent. Sad! So, I was EXCITED to go dancing with my hubby on Friday night. We had fun even though some of the songs were of course geared towards the older generations. Mark and Tallie Menzie showed us their awesome moves and we just had fun. Oh, and I felt about 15 again when I got VERY EXCITED that "Friday I'm in Love" by the Cure came on (that's right I requested it--oh yeah).

2 comments:

  1. We didn't start dancing together until we were in our 50's! What fun it has been to take a few lessons and feel comfortable on the dance floor finally. Glad you're discovering it while you're still young!!

    ReplyDelete