Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Adventures of the Sickies

Here is how the weirdness began...
I was sitting in church when one of the nursery leaders brought Max to me. I assumed I had to change his diapers so I followed them out of class with the diaper bag. In the hallway, the nursery leader told me that Max was missing me and asking about me. What? My child? Missing me when he's with friends at church? So, I held him and went back to nursery with him. It was a strange enough occurrence that I had to tell Tony about it. After church Max napped and woke up really warm. We found out Max had an ear infection. Then, AFTER I took Max to the doctor, Ryan came down with the same little thing he seems to get every few months or so. He had the gunky nose and the gut-wrenching cough. Now it is a week and a half later and they are both doing fine! Phew!
We took a short walk last week just to get some fresh air. Max was doing so much better that he got to puddle jump and play in the water ditch. I grew up in St. Helens, OR and I remember doing the same thing. It's fun to watch sticks and leaves float down.
Drinking Amoxicillin (I told him it tastes like strawberry ice-cream and apparently it does to him. He wanted more everytime).
From February 2010

Ryan wondering when he will feel well again.
From February 2010

Max filling up the potholes on the drive.
From February 2010

And Ryan is fascinated.
From February 2010


From February 2010

This is why he's wearing boots!
From February 2010

2 comments:

  1. So glad everyone is feeling better. Andrew is my only kid who likes the pink stuff. Maybe I'll try a straw next time.

    And you're such a fun Mom - puddle jumping, love it! Maybe I should send my kids over to your house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug's brother lived in St. Helens! We visited them there a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete