Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Letter to Me

Dear Autonomic Nervous System,

While I am incredibly grateful that you work so well, I'm ready to stop some of the reactions that are still happening. For instance, it would be super if I wouldn't have an increase in Adrenaline and Cortisol every time I drive through an intersection, causing me to slow down through said intersection to make sure I don't hit any people. I'd also appreciate it if my anxiety to drive at night would diminish. It will also be great to stop having flashbacks of the accident when I drive. I am grateful that I haven't had a bad dream in awhile. I know this will be a slow process to get over something so traumatizing. I know I can tell myself that it wasn't my fault and it happened because of someone else's choices, but it doesn't erase the fact that it happened. I will be truly grateful when my mind, body and spirit can all be completely at peace. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who gives peace when I seek it and helps me through the healing process. I'm also grateful to know that there is a plan of happiness and that even though I don't understand why this accident happened a little over a year after another horrible accident in our family, I know that Heavenly Father loves me and knows that I can grow and become stronger through this. I also know that He gives me more time than I give myself because I sometimes don't want to accept that it will take awhile to get over this. So I guess ANS, I should cut you some slack, but work with me here, okay?

Sincerely,
Debbie

John 16:33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

5 comments:

  1. Big, big hugs. To both you and your ANS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. I'm kind of a nervous driver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Deb Deb. Miss you. Wish we could be there to drive you around when your ANS gets too frustrating for the day. You know why it all happens, right? Because you are too good and too awesome and if Heavenly Father didn't give you so many trials the rest of us wouldn't have any fighting chance of keeping up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This too will pass... you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kim. Deb totally proud of you such a strong woman!

    ReplyDelete