Sunday, June 5, 2016

Max's First Piano Recital

Tonight we enjoyed Max's first piano recital.  It was held at his teacher, Corrina Sorenson's home.




The video is a little shaky thanks to a precocious toddler that I needed to help, but he did fantastically.  He went up there confiently.  We said a prayer as a family beforehand and he didn't act nervous.  He was the only student who memorized his music.

Here is is playing, Penguin Patrol by Martha Mier

Can't you just imagine a bunch of penguins waddling around?



Each student did a paragraph about their song which was included in the program.  This is what Max wrote:  

"I like Penguin Patrol by Martha Mier.  I like the marching rhythm.  I also like the middle because it was a fun challenge.  I also like the sound of it.  I like the beat of the last part of the song.  I like how it goes from a high note to a low note and back and forth.  This is a really fun song to play."

We got to hear the Star Wars theme, Fur Elise, The Entertainer, and a few others.  


Relaxing afterwards.  Max loved the cream puffs.


No comments:

Post a Comment