Wednesday, June 1, 2016

We'll Miss You Jet!

From Daddy:
Lost my little buddy today when he was struck by a car around 10:00am this morning. He passed quickly.
He was curious, brave, clean and irreverent. He loved the water and didn't mind the one bath I gave him. He loved the kids and was so gentle with Evelyn.
He was so determined to explore the out side once he tasted freedom he never looked back. He'd stay out all day but would come as soon as you would call. He taught himself to hunt and brought home one small bird two weeks or so ago.

He was supposed to be the kids cat but the little guy burrowed in to me. I'm just grateful I didn't mind him waking me up last night at midnight purring because he wanted to be pet one last time.

Rest in peace Jet.

Rescued August 2015 - June 1st 2016


























And a favorite video:


From Mommy:

Jet, you were so patient with our little people.  Tony and I would joke about who you loved more.  I know it was me! You were affectionate, always purring and a great pet for all of us.  We will miss you.  I keep looking at the slider door to see if you're waiting to be let in.  It's going to take us awhile before we get used to you being gone.  I loved that you were always waiting for us.  You taught my kids about being patient, taking care of an animal and how fun it is to have a furry friend.  Tonight at scripture time we were able to talk more in depth about the atonement of our Savior.  My kids know that their Savior has felt their sorrow and so He knows how to comfort them.  They know that we live by faith, not always understanding why sad things happen.  Thank you for letting us love you, sometimes too much and for loving us in return.

From Max:


From Ryan:


From Jase (he really likes drawing his hand):


From Ev (she wanted daddy's help to draw a kitty cat):


From our friends after it happened:



They also brought over tulips.  It was really sweet.  And another friend brought over cookies.  We are surrounded by good people.

We read our messages to Jet and buried them.  I had bought a plant a few weeks ago and kept forgetting to plant it.  Well, my forgetfulness worked out well because we planted it over the letters.  



It's a bleeding heart.  Fitting.I haven't been the best at watering it, but now it's with the other plants and will get watered well.  I love the little heart-shaped flowers.


We watched one more video:


















No comments:

Post a Comment