Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Daybook 11-17-15

Outside My Window...
Our neighbors had to cut down a large tree because the anchor roots had died.  There were squirrels who lived in this tree so we were happy when we saw them playing happily on another tree.

I am Thankful...
for so many things:  my family, a warm house, etc.  I think of all of the refugees in the world and my heart aches.

I am Thinking About...
murder mysteries.  The shows I watch are:  Bones, Castle, CSI: Cyber and Once Upon a Time.  I guess I just love solving mysteries?

Notes About School...
Max missed school yesterday because of a head cold.  We have teacher conferences this week, but I had an early heads up that Max is doing his work too quickly and missed quite a bit of his Math test.  Overconfidence and working too fast.  I'm hoping to find a way to encourage him to work more methodically.  I can't wait to hear more about how Ryan is doing.  His reading is improving as we read together.  We're reading a novel about the minions now.  

From the Kitchen...
Stir Fry tonight. Yum!

I am Creating...
a new wall hanging (well, finishing the idea that started awhile ago)

I am Working On...
quiet books

I am Reading...
Sink Reflections

I am Praying...
for success in relieving Tony's ankle pain.

I am Struggling...
with getting things done.

I am Hearing...
Tony watching puzzle solving.

Around the House...
it's a quiet house as usual per this time of night.

One of my Favorite Things...
having kids who are comfortable socializing and being taken care of by others but also love being home.  They can't get enough of me when home but it's also easy to have other people watch them when I'm volunteering or getting painting projects done (a rare thing but that happened today).  I'm glad they are happy kids.

A Few Plans for the Next Week...
Finishing a few more paint projects, normal activities, teacher conferences, a temple date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment