Sunday, November 8, 2015

"I Know My Savior Lives"

Today was our primary program.  My heart is so happy to see all of the primary kids singing and sharing their testimonies.

Max's part was, "I love learning about Jesus Christ this year and how He helped people.  He healed the sick.  He went to the 10 lepers when no one else wanted to be near them and he healed them.  He also brought back the dead and performed many other miracles.  He taught about eternal life and eternal happiness.  I am grateful for my Savior.  When I think of Jesus Christ's life and learn more about Him, I see how I should live my life.  He teaches us to be kind and love everyone.  He shows me how to love my brothers and sister.  I can know how to live my whole life by learning what Jesus Christ did and following His example."

Ryan's parts were:  "The prophet leads Christ's church so when we follow the prophet, we are following Christ.  The prophet told us to obey the commandments.  Obeying the commandments keeps me safe."

"I show love for Jesus Christ by going to church and taking the sacrament."


Max sang a duet, "Baptism" which was high for 8 year old boys and so there were a few cringe-worthy notes, but overall, he practiced daily and got up there and sang in front of a lot of people.  I'm very, very proud of him.  Max is someone who has a confidence that I really respect (since I don't love performing in front of people.  I was surprised at how wiggly he was during practices (I was wondering if he was more wiggly than he had been as a sunbeam ; )

Ryan sang his heart out when the primary sang.  He loves to sing and he's not afraid to sing loud and strong.  

All of the primary children are so dear to me.  Afterwards, we celebrate with our m&m party.  Sister Barton brought items from her m&m collection.  We had m&m cookies and lots of m&ms.  We watched part of "Finding Faith in Christ."  We played an m&m game and did teacher appreciation.  Then we played, "Do you love your neighbor?"  It was such a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment